Thank you for your interest in Mineral Area College! We look forward to helping you succeed with your educational goals.
Mineral Area College requires several documents prior to registering for classes. The following is a checklist of items to help make the process easier to navigate.
2. GED/HiSET Transcript - MAC is able to access Missouri GED/HiSET graduate information from the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. GED/HiSET graduates from other states should request their transcript from the respective state in which they completed the exam.
3. If applicable, request any and all college transcripts to be sent to Mineral Area College. These transcripts must also be sent directly to the Admissions Office from the respective school. They will not be accepted if opened by the student. The transcript must be in a sealed envelope from the college or university.
4. Placement test scores are required to be on file prior to signing up for classes. We accept the ACT or Accuplacer test scores. If you have had the ACT test in high school, your scores should be on your high school transcript. If you have taken the Accuplacer test somewhere other than Mineral Area College, please have the scores forwarded to the above address. If you have not taken a placement test, you may schedule an appointment to do so by clicking the following link, Assessment Scheduling.
5. If you would like to file for financial aid, please do so at your earliest convenience by clicking on the following link, Free Application for Federal Student Aid
The FAFSA is the first step in the financial aid process. Mineral Area College offers other financial assistance programs. To learn more about A+, scholarships and student loans, click on the following link, Financial Aid Information.
6. Once the above items 1 - 4 have been completed, you will be sent information about registration.
** Students beginning in the FALL semester, who are full-time and degree-seeking, will be sent information about the C.A.R.D.S. Orientation Program. This is a very beneficial day designed specifically for our first-time students. If you do not fit into the above category, you will be sent information about registering online or with an advisor.
**Students beginning in the SPRING semester will be sent information about registering online or with an advisor.