Thank you for your interest in Mineral Area College! We look forward to helping you succeed with your educational goals.
Mineral Area College requires several documents prior to registering for classes. The following is a check list of items to help make the process easier to navigate.
1. Submit an Application for Admission on-line by clicking the following link - Application for Admissions
. There is a one-time $15.00 application fee that can be paid on-line at the time of application. If you wish to mail in the application fee, you may mail it to the following address:
Mineral Area College
Attention - Admissions
P.O. Box 1000
Park Hills, MO 63601
2. Request your high school/GED transcript to be sent to Mineral Area College. It must come to our office in an official sealed envelope or through the mail. An opened student copy is not accepted as official. Please be sure to have the official copy sent to the above address. The form to request the GED may be found by clicking on this link, GED request form.
3. If applicable, request any and all college transcripts to be sent to Mineral Area College. These transcripts must also be sent directly to the Admissions Office from the respective school. They will not be accepted if opened by the student. The transcript must be in a sealed envelope from the college or university.
4. Placement test scores are required to be on file prior to signing up for classes. We accept the ACT or Compass test scores. If you have had the ACT test in high school, your scores should be on your high school transcript. If you have taken the Compass test somewhere other than Mineral Area College, please have the scores forwarded to the above address. If you have not taken a placement test, you may schedule an appointment to do so by clicking the following link, Assessment Scheduling.
5. If you would like to file for financial aid, please do so at your earliest convenience by clicking on the following link, Free Application for Federal Student Aid
The FAFSA is the first step in the financial aid process. Mineral Area College offers other financial assistance programs. To learn more about A+, scholarships and student loans, click on the following link, Financial Aid Information
6. Once the above items 1 - 4 have been completed, you will be sent information about registration.
** Students beginning in the FALL semester, who are full-time and degree seeking, will be sent information about the C.A.R.D.S. Orientation Program. This
is a very beneficial day designed specifically for our first time
students. If you do not fit into the above category, you will be sent information about registering on-line or with an advisor.
**Students beginning in the SPRING semester will be sent information about registering on-line or with an advisor.