MINERAL AREA COLLEGE
Work-Study/Ambassador Program Application
You must have received your FAFSA (Pell grant) award letter notification from Mineral Area College Financial Aid Office before this application can be completed.
HOW TO APPLY
The Work-Study program runs July 1- June 30. Students must re-apply for eligibility every year.
For questions, contact the Student Services Office at 573-431-4593.
The Financial Aid office will determine if you're eligible for the program. Please be aware that additional financial aid such as student loans, scholarships, Voc-Rehab, WIOA, etc, may affect your Work-Study eligibility.
Watch your MAC email for program eligibility notification from the Financial Aid office.
Student ID (JICS):
Date Available to Begin Work:
Please select the Academic Year
Expected MAC Graduation:
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES - List activities and club/organization memberships:
SKILLS & ABILITIES - List special skills and abilities that should be considered when reviewing your application:
EMPLOYMENT RECORD - List most recent employer only
REFERENCES - List three persons not related to you whom you have known at least one year:
Do you have any physical condition which may limit your ability to do the job for which you are applying?
Have you ever been convicted of a crime other than a minor traffic violation?
If yes, please explain:
Disclosure of a criminal record will not necessarily disqualify you from employment consideration. Each offense will be evaluated on its own with respect to time, circumstances and seriousness in relationship to the job for which you are applying.
GUIDELINES FOR STUDENTS
Please read each of the following guidelines:
1. Short skirts or shorts, revealing fabrics or styles, questionable language or graphics are not permitted.
2. Student ID's should be visible and worn during work hours only.
3. Identify your work schedule clearly. Notify your supervisor in advance should you need to be absent. Always be to work on time.
4. When classes are cancelled due to inclement weather, you are not required to work.
5. Except for special circumstances identified by your supervisor, eating and drinking is not allowed while you are on duty.
6. No homework is to be done while you are on duty.
7. No personal calls are to be made or received, unless there is an emergency.
8. Other students are not to "visit" or hang around while you are on duty.
9. Everything you see, hear and do, while on duty is to be considered confidential. It is not to be discussed with anyone.
10. Always be polite and friendly regardless of the situation. You may explain that you are a student worker, and then get your supervisor to handle the situation.
11. Should a problem with your employment occur, speak first with your immediate supervisor. If an agreement is not reached, contact Alison Sheets in AS117 the Career Services office or call 573-518-3848 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
I agree to and understand the above Work-Study Employment Guidelines:
SIGNATURE - I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application. I understand that misrepresentation or omission of facts called for is cause for dismissal. Further, I understand and agree that my employment is for no definite period and may, regardless of the date of payment of my wages/salary be terminated without any previous notice.
Mineral Area College is a publicly supported, comprehensive community college established to serve residents of the Mineral Area Community College District. The college endorses and implements a policy of equal opportunity in employment and admission to its programs and services for all persons regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, marital status, age, disability or status as a disabled veteran of the Vietnam Era, or sexual orientation. For more information, call the Title IV, Title IX. Sec. 504 and ADA Coordinator at (573) 518-2262 or U.S. Dept. of Education, Office of Civil Rights.
FOR OFFICE USE ONLY
Award Amount $
Average Weekly Hours